ugh I just. your. that. the thing with derek and stiles. i can't even. the lips, the shading. YOU GOT HIS EYEBROWS RIGHT. I'm in an art coma from just looking at it.
the eyebrows were a BITCH so this is great to hear gosh thank you!!! wake up from your art coma soon so i can hug you
what program do you use to draw/color?
hi there i use sai to draw and photoshop cs5 to color
i’m thinking i might try and make a progress vid soon would?? anyone be interested in that sort of thing???
You figured out how to draw Cumberbatch's weirdo face and made it look attractive while still maintaining a level of realism. I honestly can't give you any critique of your art after that, you've set the bar too high.
are you implying that benedict cumberbatch is
strenght: can I just be honest and say everything? Like, EVERYTHING. Lines, style, how you can make actors (for example stiles because hey, who doesn't like stiles?) look like themselves. Also coloring and anatomy and all those feelings you capture so easily and... oh yeah, everything. Did I mention that? weakness: ? I don't know. You don't seem to have one. But I haven't seen very many animals or landscapes here in your blog, so maybe them? I don't know, just screw you for being perfect.
you’re no t dOIN IT riGHT
UGH THANKS JEEZ oh and you’re right i don’t draw many animals and backgrounds/landscapes intimidate me ahhhh…i’ll add those to today’s to-draw list shall i
embrace the glory that is marsmallows
feel the marshmallows!
dance the ancient dance of marsmallows!
BE THE MARSMALLOWS!
closes eyes and tribal dances around a marshmallow bonfire while singing kumbaya
1. LOVE your art and tumblr. 2. You're really pretty :)
1: aaaa thank you thank you! always nice to hear 2: immfd odn know what to say to. that. i.
th ak fny ou ghfh df
what brush do you use to blend in photoshop? your artwork is amazing btw <3
I UUUUUUUSE the standard hard round brush for just about everything bc i am a lazy ass and can’t remember brush names / settings for crap
i draw at size 2, with transfer and shape dynamics on
though please remember that what works for me may not work for you, you’d do best to figure out your own preferences etc etc etc
EDIT: AGH I FORGOT TO SAY THANK YOU: thank you
The first thing that strikes me about your art is how my expression and emotion the characters have. Do you have any advice for someone learning how to draw?
oh god um. well first of all thank you!! very much, i work pretty hard at expressions so it’s nice to know they’re turning out alright
and aDVICE oo boy well to be frank i’m not really in any position to give it, considering i’m still learning things myself 8y but i’ll give you some anyway cause it strokes my ego
- pay attention! notice stuff! you should be able to tell when you stop just looking at things and start really noticing and seeing how things work
- YOU LOOOKED BUT YOU DID NOT SEEEEEE
- everything is relative, right? a bone moves this way, the muscles move with it, skin moves over that, cloth shifts along too. everything affects everything; keep that in mind when you draw
- you mentioned expressions specifically? expression tutorials and keys are helpful, to an extent. emotions translate into pretty much the same expressions for everyone
- but everyone’s facial structure is different so the face they end up making will be unique
- wow that was really badly explained um ok here’s some general stuff: LEARN ANATOMY. PUSH YOUR BOUNDARIES. DON’T SHY AWAY FROM DRAWING UGLY THINGS. BE PASSIONATE.
- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAIT A FEW HOURS BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING OR AT LEAST GET SOME FRESH EYES TO LOOK AT IT FIRST BC CHANCES ARE YOU’VE BEEN STARING AT IT FOR HOURS AND YOUR VIEW OF IT IS COMPLETELY JADED UGH GLARES AT ART TAG FULL OF IMPULSIVE POSTS
ok well i hope that was helpful
Does it honestly offend you when people say they love your art despite the subject matter not being their usual thing? Because... wow. That's special.
it doesn’t…offend me but i won’t lie and say that it doesn’t bother me
because i mean, i don’t think you’d reblog it if it disagreed with you that badly
like what if i drew something really truly offensive, but still made it look pretty? “i don’t nOOORMALLY ship nazis fucking on a bed of corpses, bUT THE ART! !”
so i guess it’d be nice if people would either nut up and admit they like the idea a little, or chill out and try not to be such special snowflakes about it
kind-of-interesting fact: i'm the only one in my family who can wiggle their ears.
i used to have a dance when i was a kid
called the butt dance
where i would tense each buttcheek back and forth
and that was it